4u2 is strongly committed to protecting personal data. This privacy statement describes why and how we collect and use personal data and provides information about individuals’ rights in relation to personal data. It applies to personal data provided to us, both by individuals themselves or by others. We may use personal data provided to us for any of the purposes described in this privacy statement or as otherwise stated at the point of collection.
As used in this privacy statement, “4u2”, “us”, and “we” refer to the 4u2 network and/or one or more of its Member Firms that may process your personal information. Each Member Firm in the 4u2 network is a separate legal entity.
We may transfer or disclose the personal data we collect to third party contractors, subcontractors, and/or their subsidiaries and affiliates. Third parties support the 4u2 Network in providing its services and help provide, run and manage IT systems. Examples of third party contractors we use are providers of identity management, website hosting and management, data analysis, data backup, security and cloud storage services. The servers powering and facilitating our IT infrastructure are located in secure data centres around the world, and personal data may be stored in any one of them.
The third party providers may use their own third party subcontractors that have access to personal data (sub-processors). It is our policy to use only third party providers that are bound to maintain appropriate levels of security and confidentiality, to process personal information only as instructed by 4u2, and to flow those same obligations down to their sub-processors.
We may also disclose personal information under the following circumstances:
- with professional advisers, for example, law firms, as necessary to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights and obtain advice in connection with the running of our business. Personal data may be shared with these advisers as necessary in connection with the services they have been engaged to provide;
- when explicitly requested by you;
- when required to deliver publications or reference materials requested by you;
- when required to facilitate conferences or events hosted by a third party;
- To law enforcement, regulatory and other government agencies and to professional bodies, as required by and/or in accordance with applicable law or regulation. 4u2 may also review and use your personal information to determine whether disclosure is required or permitted.
Changes to our Privacy Statements
From time to time we may update this Privacy Statement, as well as any other specific privacy statement. When making changes to this Privacy Statement, we will add a new date at the top of this Privacy Statement.